Skip to content

Senator Schatz is committed to ensuring that Veterans, military members, and their families receive the support and benefits they deserve.

If you are experiencing issues with the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) or the Department of Defense (DOD), need military records, or have problems receiving your benefits, our office may be able to assist. Please provide your Constituent Information (below). We will also need the following documents which will be forwarded to the agency in question:

  1. Privacy Release Form: Under the Privacy Act, a federal agency needs a person’s permission before it shares their information with our office. Accordingly, please complete all sections of this Privacy Release Form (PRF). On the second page of the form, please explain the issue or situation and the requested assistance. Please print a hardcopy and manually sign it (we cannot accept digital or electronic signatures). If you do not have a printer, please let us know and we will mail a copy to you.
  2. Supporting Documents: Provide copies of any relevant supporting documents. For VA and veteran-related issues, please provide a copy of your discharge or separation documents (e.g. Form DD-214).

Please mail the documents to our Honolulu office:

Office of U.S. Senator Brian Schatz
Attn: Casework
300 Ala Moana Blvd., Room 7-212
Honolulu, HI 96850

You can also email it to Please add this email address to your contacts list to prevent our emails from landing in your junk mail inbox or spam folder. Also, please note that our computer system can only receive attachments that are 1 MB or smaller. Larger sized attachments may need to be sent in multiple emails.

If you have any questions, please contact us (808) 523-2061 or

Constituent Information